Sunday, January 08, 2017

BE REASON ABLE



We are so happy to announce the upcoming release of "How Values Are Practical"!  Ten core values are brought to life through the words and experiences of hugely successful individuals from all walks of life.  Look for it the Spring of 2017!


For now we will revisit key content from "It IS Your Attitude" over the following weeks.


WWW.LUISLOBO.BIZ



Chapter 5
BE REASON ABLE

"People experience myriad emotions when confronted with a statement or behavior that is contradictory to the beliefs we picked up early in life.  I remember seeing an African-American for the first time when I was four. My feeling was one of novelty.  I had not been embedded with any sort of negative belief about African-Americans.  I also recall my confusion when, several years later, a primary school teacher admonished me for wearing the hat of a black boy, by telling me I may "catch something."  Why didn't she say that when I was wearing a white boy's hat?  The law of contradiction says that something can NOT BE and ALSO BE at the same time.  This was my first experience with that law.

One of my relatives has a deep fear that people of a certain race are going to to do him harm.  He was taught this concept as a child to keep him away from members of that group. When this relative has more than casual conversations with members of this "harmful" race, he often comments about the nice person he just encountered. The group appears "abnormal", but the individuals seem very "normal."  The individual encounters don't validate his beliefs about the group, yet the beliefs ingrained early on have only slightly dissolved".

In the final analysis, your attitude determines your effectiveness in everything, every time! 

LGL 

www.LuisLobo.Biz

No comments: